- Any facials, massages, waxing, manicures, pedicures, or shaving need to be performed at least 24 hours BEFORE your spray.
- Before your appointment shower and exfoliate your entire body using an oil free exfoliant. Focus on your elbows, knees, belly button, and feet. Using a washcloth or cleansing puff will help as well. For best results schedule our Pre Tan Exfoliation the day of your Airbrush Tan.
- Come to the session with dry, clean skin. No lotions, sunscreen, deodorant, makeup, oils or perfumes on the skin. This will act as a barrier on your skin and will not allow the solution to process correctly.
- You may bring a dark swimsuit, underwear, or thong to get sprayed in. We also provide disposable bikinis and bras. Male clients cannot go nude. Clients under the age of 18 must wear full swimwear.
- After your session wear dark loose clothing. Aviva labs products dry quickly and are water-based so if it transfers to clothing or bed sheets it will easily wash off in a normal cycle.
The Tan Is In Your Hands
- Avoid tight clothing, anything rubbing on your skin, showering, rain, perspiring, and any exposure to water for at least 8 hours. This means blow-dry’s may not be scheduled after a spray tan. Please bring an umbrella if rain is expected.
- As you approach the 8 hour mark there may be the scent of the DHA since it has almost fully developed. It will go away when you shower.
- When you shower you will notice color being washed away, don’t panic. It is only the temporary bronzer. The DHA is what actually gives you color.
- Gently wash your skin for the continuation of your tan. Avoid products with AHA or exfoliants, especially your face cleanser.
- Avoid long hot showers, bathes, saunas, hot tubs, or going to the pool as it will cause the tan to fade quicker.
- Moisturizing is the key to get the maximum results of your tan. Use a non-alcohol based lotion at least twice a day. Using lotions that contain petroleum, mineral oils, or AHA will lessen the life of you tan. After your tanning session, wait at least 8-12 hours before showering.
- Please do not shave or exfoliate during the first 24 hrs. When drying off after your shower or bath, pat dry. DO NOT rub.
Airbrush Tanning FAQs
What is airbrush tanning?
It is a personalized airbrushing technique using a state of the art airbrush system that distributes an even mist of bronzing solution all over the body creating a natural looking tan without the harmful effects of UV exposure.
How does it work and is it safe?
The FDA approved active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (DHA), is derived from raw sugar cane and reacts with the proteins in the outermost layer of your skin to produce a golden brown color. It will react to the natural Melanin in your skin. DHA has been used safely over the years in numerous sunless tanning products. Aviva uses a high-quality sunless solution that is hypoallergenic, oil-free, alcohol-free, and fragrance-free. The solution contains only the purest, essential ingredients necessary for optimal results.
What brand of airbrush tanning solution do you use?
Zanya Spa Salon uses Aviva Natural Spray Tanning Solutions because they are:
- Doctor formulated
- Natural-looking and long lasting
- Even fading
- Only made with FDA approved Ingredients
- All natural
- Composed of Eco Certified DHA
- Not tested on Animals
- Free of harsh dyes and chemicals
- Nut-free and allergen-free
- Always fresh and come with a 1 year shelf-life guarantee
- Formulated with long term health in mind
How long does an airbrush tan take?
A Full body Airbrush session takes about 20 minutes; however, on your first visit, plan an extra 10 minutes for a consultation and explanation of the airbrush tanning procedure and what custom blend is right for you.
How long will an airbrush tan last?
Your tan will last approximately 5-7 days depending on how you care for your skin, your lifestyle and your skin type. The key is to thoroughly exfoliate prior to your application and then moisturize, moisturize, moisturize each day after your application. After your tan, you will want to avoid exfoliating, taking long hot baths or showers, wearing tight clothes, or doing anything to encourage the skin to “shed,” or your tan will fade more quickly.
Does an airbrush tan provide SPF protection?
No, it DOES NOT provide SPF protection. Our Airbrush specialist recommends that you use the appropriate SPF sunscreen to protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
To participate in one or more airbrush tanning sessions to achieve a sunless tan on your skin and for best results, please read and indicate that you understand and agree with the following information, prior to your visit.